We love chatting to Speech Pathologists who may be interested in joining the team at Kids+.
Kids+ is located in Geelong, Victoria on the beautiful Surf Coast. Our region provides a lifestyle that is second to none.
We provide family focused allied health services including assessment, therapy and family support. We specialise in interventions for babies, children and young people with cerebral palsy and similar neurological conditions. Our focus is to work in partnership with families to understand their individual need and values.
Kids Plus is a seriously great place to work, just ask our Senior Speech Pathologist Jenna:
“Witnessing a young person tell his parents for the first time that he loves them with his new communication device, or seeing a young person communicating more confidently than they have before are what comes to mind when I reflect on nearly 4 years of work as a speech pathologist at Kids Plus.
I get to be a part of our young people and their family’s special moments; to play a role in informing and influencing a young person’s social world, to change attitudes so that those around them can presume in their potential; to share these experiences and support our participants to achieve their goals and live a more self-determined life is an overwhelming privilege.”
Watch the below video to experience what a day at Kids+ could look like…
We value sharing our knowledge with families, early learning centres, schools and other health professionals to create more inclusive communities.
Our service aims to empower participants and enhance participation in everyday activities. We care about improving quality of life.
We have a team of passionate, dedicated, highly skilled professionals with a commitment to furthering their specialist skills. We love celebrating success as young people learn, grow and develop. We provide our staff with ongoing mentoring, training and support.
Kids+ is an independent not for profit organisation, governed by a Board of Directors.
About the Role
- identify client speech pathology needs through formal and informal assessment, and identification of functional strengths and limitations
- develop goal directed speech pathology service plans with the client/family/carer in a participant and family centred practice
- implement appropriate treatment options, that may include individual or group therapy sessions
- deliver specific speech pathology interventions to address functional limitations and facilitate skill acquisition.
- prescription and provision of aids and equipment, and close liaison with community speech pathologists regarding equipment provision
- evaluate the outcomes of speech pathology interventions for clients at the end of each treatment program (using GAS goals and other assessments as required)
- actively participate in the development of Kids+ specialist programs and deliver consultancy, or training to other Kids+ staff or service providers
- liaise with other service providers to provide a coordinated service for clients and their families
All matters, not in the public domain about this program, are confidential and will not be disclosed to any other party without the expressed permission in writing of Kids+.
We are always happy to speak to Speech Pathologists who may be interested in joining the Kids+ team. If you’re interested in having a chat, please contact:
Executive General Manager, Therapy Services
T 03 5223 1475