We are searching for our next energetic and passionate therapist to join our Physiotherapy team at Kids Plus.
Kids Plus is located in Geelong, Victoria on the beautiful Surf Coast. Our region provides a lifestyle that is second to none.
We provide family focused allied health services including assessment, therapy and family support. We specialise in interventions for babies, children and young people with cerebral palsy and similar neurological conditions. Our focus is to work in partnership with families to understand their individual need and values.
We value sharing our knowledge with families, early learning centres, schools and other health professionals to create more inclusive communities.
Our service aims to empower participants and enhance participation in everyday activities. We care about improving quality of life.
We have a team of passionate, dedicated, highly skilled professionals with a commitment to furthering their specialist skills. We love celebrating success as young people learn, grow and develop.
Kids Plus Foundation is an independent not for profit organisation, governed by a Board of Directors.
- identify client physiotherapy needs through formal and informal assessment, and identification of functional strengths and limitations
- deliver person and family centred practice
- develop goal directed physiotherapy service plans with the client/family/carer
- implement appropriate treatment options, that may include individual or group therapy sessions
- deliver specific physiotherapy interventions to address functional limitations and facilitate skill acquisition.
- prescription and provision of aids and equipment, and close liaison with community physiotherapists regarding equipment provision
- evaluate the outcomes of physiotherapy interventions for clients at the end of each treatment program (using GAS goals and other assessments as required)
- actively participate in the development of Kids Plus specialist programs with the team, including consultation, discussion, development and implementation, such as groups, hydrotherapy, intensive programs, telehealth
- assist in the development or delivery of professional development to other Kids Plus staff or external service providers
- liaise with other service providers to provide a coordinated service for clients and their families
- deliver a service that is centre, home, or community based depending on the child and family’s needs and the service capacity
- maintain client records (electronic and hard copy) in an accurate and timely manner
- effectively manage a varied caseload
- actively participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning and service development
- actively participate in team meetings, and client related meetings at Kids Plus or in community settings
- be aware of and comply with Kids Plus Occupational Health and Safety systems and processes. Use safe manual handling principles in work undertaken for the role
- be aware of and comply with Kids Plus policies and procedures
- maintain confidentiality of information received and given
- embrace organisational values: care, commitment, collaboration, creativity, celebration
- reports directly to the Executive General Manager Therapy Services
- will work closely with members of the Kids Plus therapy and management team
Relationships and Communication
The Physiotherapist is responsible for developing and maintaining proactive and positive relationships with:
- staff members
- clients, families and carers
- professional bodies
- hospitals, research institutions, allied health professionals
- relevant government agencies
- relevant community service providers
Liaison and Reporting
Executive General Manager Therapy Services and Physiotherapist to meet regularly at agreed times. Director Therapy Services will be responsible for coordinating an annual performance review.
Education and Experience
- bachelor of science degree (Physiotherapy)
- post graduate training – preferred
- minimum 5 years clinical experience in treating children with cerebral palsy, developmental delays and disabilities – preferred
- excellent knowledge of paediatric health and disability services
- experience in developing plans to meet clients’ functional goals
- demonstrated knowledge of assessment and treatment options for children with neuro physical and developmental delay or disability and a demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge
- demonstrated knowledge of evaluation processes for physiotherapy interventions
- demonstrated knowledge and commitment to quality and evidence based practice
- excellent communication skills and experience in report writing
- demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and consultative approach with a focus on open communication
- a sound knowledge of ECIS and disability services
Intellectual property relating to the clinical development, design, ideas, concepts and content of Kids Plus programs, events and materials remain with Kids Plus.
All matters, not in the public domain about this program, are confidential and will not be disclosed to any other party without the expressed permission in writing of Kids Plus Foundation
For more information contact Kelsey Jamieson, Executive General Manager Therapy Services at email@example.com