We are always on the look out for an energetic, passionate Occupational Therapists who might be interested in joining our team on the beautiful Surf Coast of Victoria. Our region provides a lifestyle that is second to none, offering world class education, health care and beaches!
Kids+ provides family focused services including assessment, therapy and family support. We specialise in interventions across the life-span for babies, children and young people with cerebral palsy and similar neurological conditions. Our focus is to work in partnership with families to understand their individual needs, values and abilities.
We value sharing our knowledge with families, early learning centres, schools and other health professionals to create more inclusive communities.
Our service aims to empower families and improve capability in order to maximise potential and enhance participation in everyday activities. We care about improving quality of life.
We have a team of passionate, dedicated, highly skilled professionals with a commitment to furthering their specialist skills. We love celebrating success as children learn, grow and develop.
Kids+ is an independent not for profit organisation, governed by a Board of Directors.
- identify client occupational therapy needs through formal and informal assessment, and identification of functional strengths and limitations
- deliver person and family centred practice
- develop goal directed occupational therapy service plans with the client/family/carer
- implement appropriate treatment options, that may include individual or group therapy sessions
- deliver specific occupational therapy interventions to address functional limitations and facilitate skill acquisition.
- prescription and provision of aids and equipment, and close liaison with community occupational therapists regarding equipment provision
- evaluate the outcomes of occupational therapy interventions for clients at the end of each treatment program (using GAS goals and other assessments as required)
- actively participate in the development of Kids Plus specialist programs with the team, including consultation, discussion, development and implementation, such as groups, hydrotherapy, intensive programs
- deliver consultancy, or training to other Kids Plus staff or service providers
- liaise with other service providers to provide a coordinated service for clients and their families
- deliver a service that is centre based, home or school based or within the community depending on the child and family needs
- participate in the development of community capacity building projects and activities in response to needs identified by the service
- maintain client records (electronic and hard copy) in an accurate and timely manner
- effectively manage a varied caseload
- actively participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning and service development
- actively participate in team meetings, and client related meetings at Kids Plus or in community settings
- be aware of and comply with Kids Plus Occupational Health and Safety systems and processes. Use safe manual handling principles in work undertaken for the role
- be aware of and comply with Kids Plus policies and procedures
- actively participate in collaborating with the broader organisation
- maintain confidentiality of information received and given
Education and Experience
The Occupational Therapist is a key position within Kids+ requiring a strong interest and passion in working with children and supporting and empowering families of children with special needs:
- bachelor of science degree (Occupational Therapy)
- excellent knowledge of paediatric health and disability services
- experience in developing plans to meet clients’ functional goals
- demonstrated knowledge of assessment and treatment options for children with neuro physical and developmental delay or disability and a demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge
- demonstrated knowledge of evaluation processes for occupational therapy interventions
- demonstrated knowledge and commitment to quality and evidence based practice
- excellent communication skills and experience in report writing
- demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and consultative approach with a focus on open communication
- a sound knowledge of ECIS and disability services
All matters, not in the public domain about this program, are confidential and will not be disclosed to any other party without the expressed permission in writing of Kids+.
We are always happy to speak to Occupational Therapists who may be interested in joining the Kids+ team. If you’re interested in having a chat, please contact:
Executive General Manager, Therapy Services
T 03 5223 1475