Be part of something bigger in a role that was made just for you.
We are searching for Speech Pathologists to join our incredible team at Kids+.
At Kids+ we are a team of dedicated and experienced professionals who provide family focused allied health services for babies, children and young people with cerebral palsy and similar neurological conditions. Our focus is to work in partnership with families and the young person to understand their individual need and values.
Kids+ is located in Geelong, Victoria on the beautiful Surf Coast. Our region provides a lifestyle that is second to none.
We value sharing our knowledge with families, early learning centres, schools and other health professionals to create more inclusive communities.
For the right candidate we will offer the perfect career opportunity for you.
- We’re open to either full time or part time opportunities.
- We are looking for new graduates who can learn from our incredible team or more experienced professionals who can contribute to the team by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Have the opportunity to specialise in your area of expertise and interest; feeding and meal times, language and literacy, early communication, AAC, social skills and see the impact of your work.
Take it from us….Kids+ is a great place to work. Just ask Senior Speech Pathologist Jenna:
“Witnessing a young person tell his parents for the first time that he loves them with his new communication device, or seeing a young person communicating more confidently than they have before are what comes to mind when I reflect on nearly 4 years of work as a speech pathologist at Kids+.
I get to be a part of our young people and their family’s special moments; to play a role in informing and influencing a young person’s social world, to change attitudes so that those around them can presume in their potential; to share these experiences and support our participants to achieve their goals and live a more self-determined life is an overwhelming privilege.”
About the ROLE
- Identify client speech pathology needs through formal and informal assessment, and identification of functional strengths and limitations
- Deliver person and family centred practice
- Develop goal directed speech pathology service plans with the client/family/carer
- Implement appropriate treatment options, that may include individual or group therapy sessions
- Deliver specific speech pathology interventions to address functional limitations and facilitate skill acquisition.
- Prescription and provision of aids and equipment, and close liaison with other team members regarding equipment provision
- Evaluate the outcomes of speech pathology interventions for clients at the end of each treatment program (using GAS goals and other assessments as required)
- Actively participate in the development of Kids Plus specialist programs with the team, including consultation, discussion, development and implementation, such as groups, hydrotherapy, intensive programs
- You will have an allied health degree in Speech Pathology
- You are a member of Speech Pathology Australia
- You will have demonstrated knowledge and commitment to quality and evidence based practice
- You will have excellent communication skills and experience in report writing
- You will have passion and commitment for working with young people
- You will have a collaborative and consultative approach to working within a team
- You will have an appreciation for the immense value that diversity brings to communities
- You will have a commitment to developing the capacity of communities to be inclusive of all people with disabilities.
Kids Plus Foundation is an independent not for profit organisation, governed by a Board of Directors.
For more information please contact Kelsey Jamieson, Executive General Manager Therapy Services at firstname.lastname@example.org