May 23rd, 2019
$280 per person per day, which includes morning and afternoon tea, lunch, course notes
Waurn Ponds Estate,
Nicol Drive South,
Waurn Ponds, Vic Australia 3216
Fundamental Paediatric Practice
This informative one-day seminar focuses on developing clinical skills in analysis, assessment and treatment for children with developmental disorders. It enhances translation and integration of knowledge and principles into clinical practice to support enhanced outcomes for children accessing early intervention and therapeutic supports.
This seminar is designed for early to mid-career Paediatric Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Pathologists. It draws upon experiences in your current practice and provides the tools to further analyse the child’s capacity, family situation and contextual factors, expanding knowledge and practice into additional areas.
Current frameworks and best practice guidelines for early intervention are used for assessment, goal setting and treatment planning. Effective knowledge translation is supported by small group work, discussion, case examples and video analysis.
The aim of this fundamental paediatric seminar is to provide Paediatric Therapists:
- Systematic approaches to assessment and treatment planning;
- Enhanced skills of movement analysis to further understand functional limitations;
- Latest frameworks for intervention to further develop prowess in understanding complex conditions and working holistically with children and their families;
- Greater emphasis on a multi-system approach to assessment and intervention to develop skills across a range of developmental domains;
- Reflection on experience and appraisal of current practice.
The seminar will be facilitated by Kelly Reynolds (PT), Kelsey Jamieson (OT) and Frances DiCocco (SP), expert clinicians with over 15 years’ experience specializing in the treatment of children with complex neuromotor disabilities.